Friday 15 November 2019

DB

DB bank, may be I don't care about this bank only that the ex MD Sanjeev Sanyal is one of my inspiration behind writing a book about our country.
But today 15-11-2019 is very painful day for me as I have been told to packup my bag and give a golden handshake from DB account as I am no more working for the account.
I have spent a long period working for this account. The period of 20 months seems short for a non IT field  general person but it is quite long for a IT company employee. People stay in a company not more than 24 months and here I worked for a project for almost that duration.
( If I consider I will be staying on this Earth as mortal being for  960 months out of that I worked for 20 months for DB)
It was typical IT experience in the project work. There were ups and downs in the project, with the team members and regarding work as it is very common in IT projects.
Work, people, my boss taught me a lot. I was given the responsibility of a team lead in this project. When you are aspiring for something big one has to leave something where you are comfortable. If a bird find comfort on a tree or in his nest, he won't able to enjoy the pleasure of flying in the sky.
It took me a while to digest that I won't be coming to this same place from next day. I won't be greeting good morning to security mavshi. There won't be a friend Sanket waiting with a smile when you approach your cubicle. 


Enjoyed the Discussions about politics, Cricket with my collegaues/friends
This project and people around gave me the first feeling like a celebrity when they got to know that I published my first book. Some unknown collegaues shaking your hand and appreciating the efforts for the book. Such things may won't happen again.
The unpinning of posters, vacating the desk and putting the Adiyogi s and Ganesha Statue back  in the bag were difficult moments.

No comments: